Friday, June 3, 2011

The Portrait of Chinese

Trip:Grand Shangri-La Voyage
May 2011




I used to be very shy to get close to the subject when shooting portraiture. But what I have noticed from this trip was that I have been mastered my skill to get really close and was able to capture the unguarded moment; as well known word describe Steve McCurry's portraiture work.

I was very happy when I got this shot, it was the best one from about 8-10 shots I captured her. In the same time, a bit surprised that she did not smile in any of these shots at all, not even a giggle. she let no other emotions shown, just this straightforward look to the camera. This really reminded me of my passed Chinese grand father who always stood still and gave no emotions when he was photographed.




This little guy was running around the small Tibetan pagoda that we forced the driver to stopped for us to take picture. Tibetan kids are very similar to Hmong kids, very attractive, smiley, red dusted cheek, and importantly watering all the time on their nose or dropping out from their mouth.
Here is the best example to show you what I meant. Anyway, He still very lovely and this is one of my best picture of this trip.






Another girl nearby sitting with her uncle. Both photogenic but I am more favor to shoot kids.





He was the carrier who help my friend carry all his bags and his Tri-pod. He attracted my eyes and while everyone else tried shooting the mountain, I following him and shot his portrait. He did not want to at first but at the end, I managed to get pretty good shots in the soft afternoon sunlight which is nice.

Captured by KanJANA

No comments:

Post a Comment